Sunday, September 15, 2013

I Am So Thankful I Have You

My dear sweet man,
you make all the hard times worth it,
and all the struggles worth sticking out,
because even in the dark of the night,
when my troubles are choking me real tight,
this heart pounding in my heaving chest,
runs back to you,
because you are safety,
you let me rest.

And all this time when I thought,
that running was an option,
I met you,
and you said to hold onto you real tight,
and in the middle of the night,
tell you why I wanted to run and cry,
and yet you whispered in my ear that it would be alright.

I'm convinced,
that as long as I seize your hand up,
and hang on real tight,
all the things that hunt for us day or night,
in our minds,
will be scared and defeated,
because this love will overcome,
obstacles and time.

And when I stare up at the starry sky,
I am so thankful that I have you.

Copyright September 15th 2013 to Sossina J Chirhart

No comments:

Post a Comment