So,
I stay up late,
speaking with the only person,
that my soul sings for.
The only one that understands,
all that is me and my essence.
Every night I go to sleep,
with you in my head.
There are days though,
when I just want to shove my hand through,
the divide that separates us,
and take up your hand tightly,
not just for you,
but for me,
so we,
know and feel,
not so alone,
after all.
Sometimes,
after long moments pass me by,
there is nothing more I want to do,
than call,
out your name,
because....lonely,
is heavy.
But you,
you make it light even brighter,
as you shoulder some of the weight,
so my already tired soul doesn't have too.
I look forward to the days,
when this mirror isn't staring back at me,
with your spoken words.
When the memory I have of you,
becomes more than temporary,
and you become the real,
I remember you as.
But,
until then,
my hand on my heart,
the other on the divide,
I will wish you the best,
wait for the days to come,
and toe the line to let you know I care,
but I won't lay out all of my love right there.
Copyright to Sossina J Chirhart
August 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment