Thursday, August 29, 2013

You Are The Reason I Smile

And if the stars were out tonight,
I would watch the sky.
Looking for the answers that,
I can't seem to find.

And when I listen to you,
to me,
you are the most,
beautiful,
being.

There is no high or low to me.
You are you,
I see you,
simply.

And the reason I smile,
is because,
your kind words are meant for me,
they are grace,
a release.

And,
It's been a long while,
since I've seen this smile plastered on my face,
attributed to you.
If you were a mountain,
you'd be its base.

It all makes sense to me,
but I struggle watching,
your soul,
ache.
But you won't break.
I won't let you.

For all those moments,
you listened to me,
when you didn't know I needed,
someone to soothe my aching heart.
You were there,
right from the start.

And if I am a "wonderful lady",
then you are a wonderful man.
And you can do this,
you really can.

So just reach out your hand,
mine's reaching out for you to.
And together we'll both figure this out,
because it's not about you needing me or vice verses or another,
We both need each other.

Copyright August 2013 Sossina J Chirhart



No comments:

Post a Comment